1. When is the release date of Red?
The local release date of physical copies will be on November 5, 2012, as formally announced by MCA Music (see official statement here). Remember, when they say that an album comes out on a specific date, what they really mean is that the CDs are shipped to the record stores on that day. Record stores farthest from central Metro Manila will get the shipment last. Same goes for the provinces that surrounds Metro Manila. For those who are planning on getting the album on the release day (i.e. ALL OF US,) it’s best to go to the your fave record stores late afternoon or evening.
However, digital copies of Red Standard and Red Deluxe are already legally available via iTunes Philippines. Download it now in these respective links: STANDARD and DELUXE.
2. Are we getting the Standard Edition or the Deluxe Edition?
We are that the DELUXE Edition will be released, but we’re not sure about the standard. There’s an indication that both editions may be released locally, though. Odyssey has said that “The Standard edition will cost P459.00 though there’s no word yet if it will be sold separately or will only come with the Zinepak.”
3. What’s the difference between the Deluxe Edition and the Standard Edition?
The Deluxe Edition contains 6 bonus tracks:
“The Moment I Knew”
“Come Back…Be Here”
“Girl at Home”
“Treacherous (Original Demo)”
“Red (Original Demo)”
“State of Grace (Acoustic Version)”
4. How much is the album gonna be?
The Deluxe Edition is PhP550 while the Standard Edition, if there is indeed one, is PhP459.
5. Can I Pre-Order Red?
Yes, you can!
– Preordering is available at ALL their branches nationwide starting 10 am today, October 19 until November 4. The Red Deluxe Edition price is PHP550, but the minimum deposit for the preorder is only PHP200. You can pay the rest when you claim your album. Each preorder will also serve as a ticket to their pre-launch party. Preordering can also be done online, but the Red album isn’t posted on their online shop yet. More details here: http://on.fb.me/PdLsLi
– You can preorder the Red Deluxe Edition online for PHP550 here: http://bit.ly/PDHZWd
and here: http://bit.ly/VdAE2b
. (It says free shipping on the Multiply shop page but we’re not sure if it’s indeed free shipping.) An exclusive freebie comes with each preorder at Odyssey! Odyssey also accepts in-store pre-orders.
Remember, keep the receipt for both in-store Odyssey and Astroplus pre-orders because those are very very important!
6. What is the Red “Zine Pak?”
A Zine Pak is short for Magazine Pack. It’s sort of a special edition of the Red album. The Zine Pak that our region (South East Asia) will get contains a Standard Copy of RED, 1 Download Card for Six (6) extra tracks and a 96 Page booklet.
7. No guitar picks?
The guitar picks come with the WALMART Zine Pak, available in the U.S. The Zine Pak in our region comes from Universal Music Hong Kong, which only contains the features we stated in our answer to question number 6.
8. Which stores are offering the Red Zine Pak? How much will it cost?
MCA Music has released a statement regarding the local release of the Zine Pak: “Regarding the Taylor Swift – RED Zine Pak: MCA Music has imported copies from Hong Kong. We do not have the official photo and price yet. We will share them with you as soon as we get the details. Are you excited?! :)” So there is NO official price yet, but we take this as a confirmation that it WILL be released here, and as always it will be available via the two leading record stores in our country.
Astroplus will also offer Red Zine Paks soon. Here’s the statement they recently made: For those asking about the TAYLOR SWIFT “RED” EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION ZINEPAK, please be informed that there is NO OFFICIAL INFORMATION and FINAL STANDARD RETAIL PRICE for the package yet from the label, MCA Music (Universal Music Philippines). We will post ordering details as soon as they become available.
9. Does Red come with freebies?
Yes. Both Odyssey and Astroplus have expressed that there will be freebies for every Red purchase.
MCA Music has announced that each Red purchase from comes with a 2013 Calendar, with a different design per retailer. For Astroplus calendars click HERE
, and for Odyssey, click HERE
10. Will there be a “Jeepney Logo” on Red?
We don’t know yet.
11. “Jeepney Logo”? What’s that?
In the past couple of years, all records that MCA Music Philippines has been locally releasing has a “Philippine Edition” Jeepney Logo on the CD spine. It looks like THIS
12. Will the Deluxe Edition of Red have two discs?
13. What is the “Download Card” on the Red ZinePak that Odyssey is offering for pre-order?
We assume that it’s a card that has a code you input on a website and it lets you download the 6 Bonus Tracks available in the Deluxe Edition.
14. Will there be a launch for Red?
There will be TWO launches for Red, because record stores love us Swifties!
The first one is a pre-launch by Astroplus happening on October 27, and we made a separate post about it with all the details HERE
. The second launch will be a T-Party by Odyssey on November 10, and we also made a post about it HERE
15. Are there dress codes for the launches?
The Astro Slumber Fest has no specific dress code, but it’s safe to assume that Swifties will wear Red anyway. Odyssey said we should come in our best red outfit for their Red T-Party, but we’re gonna have to assume that it’s more of a suggestion than a requirement.
16. Which launch should I attend? The Astroplus Taylor Swift Fan Slumber Fest or the Odyssey Red T-Party?
That is entirely up to you. Both launches sound awesome! And TSPH Officers will be present at both launches.
It all comes down to which store you’re loyal to.
Remember, though, that the ticket in to both launches are the receipt from your purchase of the album from their respective stores.